Anchorman: The Legend of Ron BurgundyEdit
Ron is the lead Anchorman for Channel 4, a local San Diego news station alongside Brick Tamland, Brian Fantana and Champion "Champ" Kind. They enjoy success as the number one news station in San Diego and routinely attend parties to celebrate this accomplishment. During one party, Ron meets Veronica Corningstone and attempts to seduce her but ultimately fails after he stumbles through talking about his leatherbound books and how his apartment smells of rich Mahogany.
The next day, news station director Ed Harken announces Veronica Corningstone as the newest member of the team much to the chagrin of the men. Ron attempts to berate Veronica but instead compliments her unintentionally, after the rest of the team try their luck to date Veronica, Ron is successful in asking her out as colleagues to show her the city.
Anchorman 2: The Legend ContinuesEdit
After Ron and Veronica get married, they have a son; Walter Burgundy and Ron makes sure to teach him the danger of Voodoo and why to never travel to Haiti.
Ron Burgundy is cocking ,# domineering, and proud to a fault. He is very old-fashioned in his views about women, as he is bothered when his female coworker Veronica Corningstone is first hired. He isn't very smart, but he is well-loved by the city of San Diego, where he lives and works. He often believes he is right and is unwilling to say he's sorry or admit when he's wrong. His closest friend is his dog, Baxter.
Ron is a keen flute player, specifically jazz flute where he performs an off the cuff routine to Veronica. He is incredibly proud of his apartment, claiming it has many leatherbound books and smells of rich mahogany.
When it comes to his relationship with Walter, Ron has been known to teach his son valuable 'life lessons' that Veronica has scolded him for. In Ron's opinion, it would be much better for the young boy to become accustomed to world at a young age. While Ron seems to let Walter down several different times throughout the second movie, it is shown that he does actually care quite a lot for the boy. This is shown when Ron and the team dart away to watch Walter preform a piece that he wrote especially for his father.
- "I don't know how to put this, but I'm kind of a big deal. People know me. I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany."
- "Discovered by the Germans in 1906, they called it San Di-ago. Which, of course, in German means, "A Whale's vagina."
- "You Stay Classy San Diego"/"Go fuck yourself, San Diego!"
- "I'm Ron Burgundy?"
- "You're watching Channel 4 with five-time Emmy award-winning anchor Ron Burgundy and Tits McGee."
- "I wanna say something. I'm gonna put this out there if you like it, you can take it. If you don't, send it right back.... I want to be ON you."
- "You are a smelly pirate hooker!"
- "Why don't you go back to your home on whore island!?"
- "By the beard of Zeus!"
- "The only way to bag a classy lady like Veronica is to give her two tickets to the gun show, and see if she likes the goods."
- "Well hello. You just pointed to your boobies."
- "Am I right? Say what?"
- "Boy, that escalated quickly."
- "Who the hell is Julius Caesar? You know I don't follow the NBA!"
- "I love scotch. Scotchy, scotchy, scotch. Here it goes down, down into my belly. Mmhmmhmm."
- "I'm in a glass case of emotion!"
- "Don't you know I would never say the word fuck? I would fucking ever fucking never fucking say that, ever! Don't you know I would never say fuck? FUCK!" (Unrated Edit)
- "Hey! Fat face! You! You stay classy."
- "By the hymen of Olivia Newton John!"
- "Quit yanking our crotch hoses!"
- "Is that your foot between my legs? It was my hand."
- "Which one of you convicts with the longest record shall pass me the mashed potatoes?"
- "You know I don't speak spanish. English, please."
- "You pooped in the refrigerator? And ate a whole cheese wheel? How did you do that? I'm not even mad. That's amazing